Monday, December 20, 2010

preparing for hibernation

The sun didn't peak out for even a moment this past weekend, so I took advantage of the forced hibernation and made beer cheese soup AND cornflake xmas wreaths. Despite my Wisconsin roots, beer cheese soup is completely unfamiliar territory to me....wasn't sure what to look for in a recipe or what to expect in the finished product. I agonized over what kind of beer to use (seemed like an awfully important factor and my internet research sent me in every possible direction), so I ended up going with a good quality amber ale....not to be confused with the beer in the photo, which was a porter that I was drinking along with my beer cheese soup!

I sorta, kinda followed this recipe

And the Christmas wreaths! Notice the St. Bernard in the photo, observing her prey....

recipe for christmas wreaths

1 comment:

  1. The popcorn on top is an interesting idea. I actually don't think I've ever had beer cheese soup.

    The wreaths look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete