Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Under the Sea

Under normal circumstances today would have been a day when I would have abandoned ship. My arms! They are jello, and I've got that constant shaking thing going on whenever I need to use any arm strength. Which is basically ALWAYS.

And energy? Where did it go? WHY DOESN'T MY COCONUT OIL WORK forever, always 100% of the time?! I thought we were friends.... As I drove to work today I fought to keep my burning eyes open while making my way to Studio City. I got to work with seven minutes to spare and seriously considered the possibility of squeezing in a six minute nap. I felt defeated, and the idea of doing another push-up kinda made me want to cry.

Long story short, I took two kiddos to Griffith park and as we stopped by the pony rides, the giant merry go round, and made sure to practice cartwheels in the grass I glanced up at the sun, listened to the children's laughter, and smiled. How lucky was I to be here right now?

I have nothing to be sad about at this very moment.

Almost instantly I noticed a surge in energy. Clean, pure, glorious energy. I chased the kids all the way back to the car and blasted the song 'Under the Sea' (the Little Mermaid), without shame, all the way back home through the mean streets of Hollywood.

No comments:

Post a Comment