Sunday, October 24, 2010

I'm like cat here, a no-name slob. We belong to nobody, and nobody belongs to us. We don't even belong to each other.

With the whole state tied up in football madness and me not giving a good god damn I'll share with you MY Sunday night release:


















I haven't read a book this quickly in quite awhile. I know it's cliche at this point to love Audrey, especially Breakfast at Tiffany's Audrey, but this movie makes the burgeoning arty high school version of me giddy still. (I went to New York last weekend and walked past this very corner on Fifth Avenue and geeked out just a little.) The book takes you through the making of the movie while hitting on points like Truman Capote writing the book that, for any fan, is pretty awesome. My life will be consumed with Tiffany's for awhile as I plan to watch the movie and re-read Capote's story after finishing the book.


To Holly Golightly; thanks for teaching me that it's okay to be the quirky chick, the one who marches to her own beat, who dreams bigger, plays harder, falls faster and learns from her mistakes and who is brave enough to do it all again.


2 comments:

  1. Ah! What a great post - I am buying this book - today! And my mother (our most avid blog reader) is reading this and smiling profusely. Breakfast at Tiffany's has a very special place in my mother's heart. Thank you Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you like it! The writing is a little corny due to Wasson trying to capture the vocabulary of the time, but it's a great bio of the movie.

    Hi, Lindsay's mom! Glad to meet another fan of B at T's:)

    ReplyDelete