Monday, October 25, 2010

It's almost winter in California...

I found myself in Venice, California yesterday. Me - a recent Midwest transplant still trying to adjust to this California beach vibe, I stepped out of the car wearing a cotton dress, tights, knee high boots, and a comfy cardigan that would complete the blatant advertisement of my 'I'm obviously not from here' look. Even before I could close the car door my eyes focused on a gal across the street. The epitome of Southern California, this blond beauty was sporting a perfectly disheveled ponytail, khaki shorts, and a very basic yet polished white tank top. I instantly peeled off my tights. The closer I got to the beach, the more layers I shed. Off came the belt, off came the cardigan. I even bought $7 flip flops on the Venice boardwalk to replace my knee high leather boots (I was convinced these boots were going to cause me to melt right there and then in the California sunshine). As I sat in the sand, sporting new flip-flops and lugging around my beloved leather boots, I came to the realization that despite the never-ending summer that is Southern California, I am still a girl born and raised in the Midwest and dammit my soul knows that it's almost November! Hey California! It's time to pull out the sweaters. And sweat if we have to.


1 comment:

  1. The sad part is that they think it's cold right now. *le sigh*

    ReplyDelete