Saturday, October 16, 2010

In response.....

The internet postings that I manage to stumble upon in my few minutes of free-time are often quite random and lacking any sort of rational order. However, I can't help but think that they are often meant for me to read, similar to the rare occasion that I happen to read my horoscope in a local newspaper....those predictions are *clearly* written for me, and me alone. :)

This entry was posted on a website by author JM Kenyon in response to an Emily Dickinson poem...

I don't think it is that Emily Dickinson didn't understand love. My guess is that this poem was written by a mature poet that has come to accept that Love is subjected to the conditions of Life and Life is ever changing.

I know the things that are tucked in my own drawers (physically and mentally), if I did not still love these things, I'd have thrown them away, they are reminders of what was precious; letters, pressed flowers, momentos and trinkets, words and actions to hang emotions on... a treasure to me... insignificant junk and boring drama to those who cannot know the sentimental value.

Eventually we will have to let everything go at some time... the drawers in my heart, mind don't hold memories of anything that I do not want to know again.

No comments:

Post a Comment