Saturday, January 1, 2011

Why hello, 2011


2010 was one of the most tumultuous years of my life. In an effort to dig deep into the meaning of life and happiness, I wound up taking every single aspect of my life that has ever been stable and/or comforting and absolutely shaking them to the core. Relationships were tested. Hope was lost and then found again. It's been an exhausting, humbling, yet incredibly exciting year. And I'm ready to do it all over again. 


My New Years Resolutions

1) Write a book. I swear I've subconsciously been working on a book since the day I learned how to put pencil to paper. This year I'm going to devote the time needed to collect my various bits of writing that are scattered among the pages of my notebooks and figure out how to transform them into one, cohesive story. 

2) Be healthy. Eat well, stress less, etc, etc. We only get this one body and mind, so we better learn how to take care of them. 

3) Live in the moment. Spend less time worrying about tomorrow, and learn how to enjoy today. 

I'll leave you with a quote by Neil Gaiman.....a perfect New Years toast! 

"May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful, and don't forget to make some art -- write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself."
— Neil Gaiman

No comments:

Post a Comment