Sunday, September 5, 2010

Autumn - come and get me!!!!



I love all things fall. I really do. The cool crisp air, the warm/fuzzy sweaters, apples, pumpkins....ok, squash of any kind is pretty magnificent. Maybe this week I'll post some of the amazing squash recipes I've discovered (and tried!) over the years.....

I'm living in a different climate this year for the very first time in my life (no more cookie-cutter four seasons as I was used to in the Midwest!). I'm in the Pacific NW now...anxious to see what fall has in store for me up here.

I do miss the sunshine of the summer months, which is why I'm sharing this adorable DIY tutorial with you. I made one of these sun jars for my mother last year...so simple to make, awesome to have.

xx



Daily DIY: How to Make a Sun Jar (On a Budget!)


sun jar, sun, solar, mason jar, outdoorSun jars are a lifesaver for outdoor living, but they are sooo pricey. Luckily, the fine folks at Apartment Therapy Unpluggd are getting their hands dirty with this affordable DIY version:

Here's what you'll need:
(1) mason jar with transparent lid
(1) solar garden light
(1) AA rechargable battery
(1) package of blu-tack, or a similar reusable adhesive
(1) can of glass frosting spray

The best part? This is the easiest DIY you'll find. Simply take apart your solar garden light, mount the contents with blu-tack to the underside of the lid. Frost the outside of your mason jar with glass frosting spray to diffuse the light, and... DONE!
Total project cost? Less than $36 for six sun jars. Much better than the $45 version here! Go, DIY!


No comments:

Post a Comment