Saturday, September 25, 2010

I think I can, I think I can.......



This is my oh.........956th drive down Hwy 5 to California? The first couple of trips were beautiful. Now I'm just anxious to get to my destination already! And be done with it!!! Before leaving the house this morning I did one last internet search for ways to occupy your time while driving (alone). I was expecting the typical suggestions - downloading digital copies of books, updating your podcasts, etc. But check out this guy's tips that I found on http://www.city-data.com/forum/travel/839304-keeping-yourself-entertained-long-solo-road.html

Line up animal cookies on the dash / heater vents (non-frosted) and make up stories that rhyme with signs / cars / trucks I see. (I eat ONE, if I can get through the story with out losing my thought.

Eat M&M's by finding mile markers with same number or divisible by the number of letters in the color. There are various ways to play this game, the best on your diet is to reach in the bag and get one who's color matches the mile marker, Then do the math, otherwise, wrong color = you wait and draw again till you score.

I will also try to make a hard candy last 30+ miles.
My preference is night driving, as I would rather deal with truckers and drunks, than soccer moms, school kids, and 'Sunday drivers' (+it makes my games more challenging).

My car gets 52 mpg and has a 25 gal tank, so I don't stop much. (every 1000 miles or so). I am also a professional driver, so got in the mode "not rolling, not making money" Be consistant, Just don't hurry,

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/travel/839304-keeping-yourself-entertained-long-solo-road.html#ixzz10YFvwXkI
HUH?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment