Saturday, November 27, 2010

Another Thanksgiving Leftover Recipe

I have a fridge full of yummy leftover mashed potatoes, but I absolutely cannot eat another bite of mashed goodness. I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com for potato pancakes! I think it sounds delicious! I think I'm going to make them in a frying pan as opposed to baking them though (not as healthy, I know). I'm going to try it tonight and I'll let you know.....

IngredienTS
1 medium onion, chopped
2 tablespoons butter
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups mashed potatoes
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 dash hot pepper sauce
1 tablespoon water
Directions:
1.In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat. In a bowl, lightly beat one egg. Add the onion, potatoes, flour, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce if desired.
2.Shape into four to six patties; place on a greased baking sheet. Lightly beat remaining egg; stir in water. Brush over potato cakes. Bake at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment