Thursday, November 18, 2010

hubba, hubba - DIY wall mural

Eeeeee! Who knew that the Hubble Space Telescope website could be so cool! While searching for some ideas on how to spruce up my white apartment walls and I came across Hubblesite. The website features a category titled 'wall murals' - at first glance I assumed it was going to demand an insanely irrational fee to use these photos, but no! It's all FREE (a pretty crucial component to any DIY project). There are three photos to choose from (my favorite is the Carina Nebula, featured below), and the photo is divided into smaller images based on the overall mural size you select. Personally, I'd buy some cheap/simple frames from IKEA and then have these printed on a good quality paper at Kinkos. And away you go!




No comments:

Post a Comment